Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Fwd: Crossfire June 2015 Update


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: James Horning <jhorning@ptd.net>
Date: Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 9:21 PM
Subject: Crossfire June 2015 Update
To: jhorning@ptd.net


Greetings from Crossfire Youth Ministries,

The rain is gently falling outside as I write this note – our prayer is the presence of God will fall over our communities like rain and draw the hurting ones into a loving relationship with an awesome Loving Father.

 

A few weeks ago I was called upon to offer words of encouragement & support to a family group in the Ashland area as they bid farewell to a mother/wife/friend…..I shared a note written from a young lady from the Ephrata area who lost her mom. After the service, an older lady shared how touching that note was cause she lost her mom about the same age. She was so blessed…..it is awesome to witness God touching others in seemingly small ways!

 

The end of May we took a bus trip of guys to enjoy an Alpine Slide in New Hampshire. The bus trip went flawless, and the best part was watching the guys come together as a unified team during this trip. It was a fast 30 hour round trip run – but the memories will last a lifetime.

 

Speaking of memories: Check out this testimony!

 

"I was a Crossfire kid, and I just wanted to reach out to Jim and thank him for impacting my life. Going to Crossfire was something, the only thing that I looked forward to while I was a child. Just wanted to thank him for pushing me to the Lord. Now 23, married with 2 beautiful children and growing in the Lord. Thank you I just felt the need to find you and thank you for the great impact you had. I was just talking with my mother in law about the wonderful memories that I had from you and the group she told me to reach out because I had this pulling in my heart to reach out and the Lord does it again works in wonderful ways."

 

This young mother now lives in the Chambersburg area and is alive in Christ because of the ministry of Crossfire. To each of you who: Pray, give financially & help volunteer…… this is all because of your sacrifice! Praise God!!!!

 

Our ministry in the town of Ashland continues to touch lives: we are planning an OPEN HOUSE for Sunday July 12th to allow folks from the community to see firsthand what we have available for the children of Ashland.

 

The 3rd & 4th graders are working on learning Psalms 23. Many of them have this pretty down pat….it's exciting to listen to them recite this word for word….at least pretty close to it….

 

Our youngest of 5 children, Sarah, has finally graduated and the Horning family is now SCHOOL FREE! It was an honor to be asked to share a brief message at the Cocalico Baccalaureate Service held at the school.

 

Keep our ART OF MARRIAGE event in your prayers as we seek to impart Godly values of marriage into 10-20 couples the end of July in Lancaster. Most of the attendees will be past Crossfire youth…….

 

Our new Yellow bus will be turning Blue & White the end of June by a professional painter…..the green bus turned blue at the hands of an amateur painter using spray cans…..looks pretty good….says I.

 

Keep me in your prayers as I share the morning message at a church in Wernersville in a few weeks. Looking to introduce them to the ministry of Crossfire and the lives we are touching!

 

EGG EATERS: please note….next week – Monday thru Friday (June 15-19) we will have a bountiful harvest of fresh brown eggs available at Crossfire for FREE. This is limited to this week only. Please stop by to help clean eggs or to pick yours up and clean them yourself! We have a 1 week egg blessing and wish to bless others. Call me if you have any questions: 1st come…..1st serve….. 717.278.3102.

 

We live in some of the most exciting times of history – God is truly at work….. join with Crossfire in embracing the call of touching hurting lives and seeing them find Hope & Healing!

 

Sincerely Serving Him,

James L Horning