Thursday, July 28, 2016

Fwd: Inspiring Minds - July 2016


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Everence Lancaster <lancaster@everence.com>
Date: Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 12:01 PM
Subject: Inspiring Minds - July 2016
To: *|FNAME|* <info@gehmanmennonitechurch.org>


View this email in your browser
Welcome to the first edition of Inspiring Minds from Everence Lancaster! It is our passion to inspire faith, generosity, community and excellence at every interaction we have with our team and with our clients. Our goal is to share a bit about ourselves with you beyond our job titles. We look forward to hearing back from you with comments and questions about the content and encourage you to forward Inspiring Minds to a colleague or friend.

Please click on the blue button below, "Yes, I'd like to continue receiving Inspiring Minds", if you wish to remain on our distribution list. We hope you do!
 
 

Alignment and energy

 
 "Power on."… "Connected." I love hearing these words from my wireless headphones when I set out for a run or climb onto my bicycle. Those words spoken into my ears confirm two things for me. 1. The battery is charged and there is energy present, and 2. My headphones and my iPhone are connected to, and in alignment with each other.

One of the greatest joys I experience in my role at Everence is the opportunity I have as a coach (ACC), to work with high-performing professionals who are committed to and passionate about the work they do. Through my work coaching them and in working with my own coach, I've become increasingly convinced that the feelings of alignment and energy work together to reveal who we are in Christ. Ephesians 2:10 (NIV) says, "For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do". As I seek to understand God's 'handiwork' in me, I've become acutely aware of those things that raise my energy level and the things that lower my energy level. When I can focus my effort and attention in the areas that ignite my energy, I begin to get a sense of alignment with God's plan for my life and who I was created to be.

 

What inspires you? (and what doesn't?)


Have you taken time to notice those things in your life that raise (or drain) your energy? If you want to try a fun exercise, grab a clean sheet of paper and draw a line down the middle to create two columns. Without thinking too much, in the left-hand column quickly jot down every activity, person, people group, meeting, thought topic, etc. that excites, inspires, or otherwise creates some type of positive energy in you. When you're finished in the left-hand column, move to the right-hand column, and quickly write down all those things that decrease your energy.

Finished? Take a minute to review your two lists.  How would your life be different if you could shift 20% of your waking hours from the right- hand column to the left-hand column? If you can give your mind permission to play there for a bit, imagine living a life in perfect alignment with the handiwork that God created in you and notice what happens to your the energy level.

Powered on, and connected; that, my friends, is the person I want to be and the way I want to live!
 
Yes, I'd like to continue receiving Inspiring Minds
Keith Witmer, Market Operations Manager, leads our support services team for Everence Lancaster and is a Certified Professional Coach. He leads the local strategic planning process and has a passion for working with individuals to maximize their God-given strengths. Keith finds great fulfillment in studying coaching and applying his skills to his responsibilities at Everence. He earned a bachelor's degree in business administration from Eastern Mennonite University. Keith and his wife, Karma, have three grown children and attend Hempfield Church of the Brethren. Contact Keith at keith.witmer@everence.com or call (717) 653-6662.
 

Banking | Investing | Retirement | Financial Planning | Insurance | Charitable Giving
Everence offers credit union services that are federally insured by NCUA. Investments and other products are not NCUA or otherwise federally insured, may involve loss of principal and have no credit union guarantee. All products are not available in all states.
Copyright © 2016 Everence, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because of your relationship with Everence.

Our mailing address is:
Everence
960 E. Main St.
Mount Joy, PA 17552

Add us to your address book


Unsubscribe from this list    Update subscription preferences