Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Fwd: Teens Taking Control


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Parenting Today's Teens <information@heartlightministries.org>
Date: Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 9:08 AM
Subject: Teens Taking Control
To: Kelly <philandkelly@gmail.com>


Parenting Today's Teens with Mark Gregston
Events Donate Resources
The Parental Gift of Presence
Video screenshot
Share
Facebook Twitter
I Mustache You A Question
Q: Oh my goodness…. Do I kick her out on the street, or do I embrace that she will be a life long teen?  My greatest hope for my daughter is that she grows up to be a happy, healthy responsible adult who loves our Lord. I have failed (like a great big F on the report card). We could never get her to do the things that we felt she should do at home, like pick up her room. She is untruthful, and I am certain that is because she wants to cover up that she feels like she has failed everything and everyone. She has been in mental health facilities, has warrants out for her arrest, and is deeply, deeply depressed. However, I know the she wants things to change. All said, it seems that she just cannot find the starting line.
 
Our son, is her opposite. He is 19 and is going to college through scholarships and financial aide. He's doing well. And he has said that he must move out (and support himself) because he can no longer live around the chaos and what he calls "self-centeredness" of his sister.  In his eyes, the most responsible thing that we could do for her is to tell her to leave. But honestly, I don't think that she could survive. Her mindset would be to find a man who would be looking for a mistress.  
 
Do you have some good advice for some really weary parents? Thank you…..
A: I'd come up with a transition plan to have her leave the home. She's already driving your son away. And quit cleaning up after her, she's a big girl now.  Now, she may need to...
KEEP READING
We'll answer a new Mustache question every Wednesday.
Submit yours to mustache@heartlightministries.org
Facebook Twitter Instagram
©2016 Heartlight Ministries
P.O. Box 480, Hallsville, Texas 75650
Privacy Policy  |   Contact  |   Unsubscribe